Common problems with broken car keys / damaged car keys that can be repaired / solved
- Car key is broken or damaged
- Transponder chip in car key is broken / damaged
- Repair car key fobs
- Car key has snapped
- Car key is worn out
- Car key has been jammed in the ignition to your vehicle, will not turn or cannot be removed
- Car key has snapped off in the ignition
Types of vehicle keys that can be repaired
- Remote key fobs ( most will need programming )
- Transponder keys ( most keys are 1998 are transponder keys with a chip inside )
- Standard Car keys ( don’t control the central locking )
- Motorcycle and Motorbike keys
- Van keys
- Other vehicles such as caravans / trucks etc..
Snapped or damaged your car keys?
If you have a broken key or have damaged your vehicle key then you will need the parts of the key in order to repair it. The chip will be removed from the key and then reinserted into a newly cut key.
I have a worn out key
A auto locksmith will be able to re-cut the key back to original specification and the immobiliser chip ( fond in transponder keys ) can be re used in a new key.
Remote Car Key Fob Repairs
If you have damaged or broke the remote key fob to your vehicle this could cause the many issues with a vehicle such as:
- Car door not opening
- Vehicle not starting
If you require a replacement or the fob repairing it will need reprogramming, locksmiths specialising in reprogramming key fobs will be able to help out in this case.